Great Lunch Box Ideas
It’s boring putting the same food in the lunch box everyday (sandwiches are great but you don’t want to put a sandwich in your kid’s lunch box 5 days a week); and creating those sophisticated out-of-the-‘cookblogs’ lunch ideas is overwhelming, not to mention time-consuming. Besides, there is the growing concerns about healthy diets. The schools always come up with the list of what not to bring.
Here are 12 easy back to school lunch-box ideas (more to come) that don’t take long to prepare but will keep your kids happy during lunch and make them the envy of their classmates.
It is important to remember that the perfect, healthy lunch for your kids should include a protein, some fruit, a vegetable, and a small treat; all in perfect-size portions for kids depending on their age. It is important to stock your kitchen up with healthy and delicious lunchbox essentials. Containers with individual compartments usually appeal to most kids, because it would be awful if the food touched. Also remember that rolls are fast replacing sandwiches, kids love food on a stick, and never underestimate the power of a cookie cutter.
1. Chicken Salad Sandwich, crust removed, cut in sections, Mandarin Orange and Kiwi slices, Grape Tomatoes in combination with Cheddar Cheese Cubes from Sandra’s Easy Cooking
2. Cucumber and carrot slices, fresh fruit, bagel sandwich, and veggie chips from Wholesome Mommy
3. Sliced meats, cheeses, Cheerios, crackers, strawberries, and Yogurt from Wendolonia.com
4. Bee Mine Lunchbox Idea from Red Tricycle
5. DIY Uncrustable Sandwiches from Unsophisticook
6. Almond Butter, Whole Grain Crackers, Apple, Low-Sugar Granola Bar, Bite Sized Veggies, Grapes from Running with Tongs
7. Pizza Roll Pinwheels made out of cheese, Salami or pepperoni slices and Tortilla shells with a mixed fruit salad from Food For My Family
8. Sushi Sandwiches from The Lake Kitchen
9. Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick from A Wisk and Two Wands
10. Pizza Buns from Simple as That Blog
11. Frozen Fruit Cups from Food.com
12. Fruit and Nut Wrap from Prim and Pauper